Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Trylle Trilogy






The Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking


First off...Changelings. Ahem..

You follow a girl name Wendy Everly. In the beginning, you find out that her mother tried to kill her on her sixth birthday. Tried to cut her stomach open with the very knife that was meant for her birthday cake. Her mother kept saying how much of a monster she was...how she was supposed to have  a son and that Wendy wasn't her child.

You're thinking to yourself the whole time, what kind of mother is this? She deserves to be locked up in that insane asylum.....Until you find out about/meet Finn Holmes. Finn is a tracker for the Trylle race. He is the one (one of many, I should say) who tracks down changelings when they have reached the right age to return to the rightful families in Forening.  He teaches her all she needs to know about being a Trylle, because after all...she is the princess about to be the queen of the Trylle... but...in the process Wendy falls in love with him...which is forbidden.
You follow them as they battle together, as they are separated..You meet Loki (and as I re-read this entry I realized that it appeared that I was saying Loki was her evil father..he was not. He was a man she eventually falls in love with..bleh.), Wendy's evil father and sweet step mother, a whole other race of Trylle which are trolls... You witness as Wendy's mother dies, as Wendy helps sister cities, her marriages, her betrayal....

This book was a breath of fresh air from all of my normal fantasy books. It presented a race that had never crossed my mind. I loved the forbidden love, however, didn't like the love of Loki...Ugh. I was rooting for Finn the whole time.

However, if you want a break from your norm, this is a great series to pick up. It was one that I couldn't put down (I know I say that about pretty much every book)...But I am only going to blog about the good ones :)

I found myself combining this book however with other ones in my head and introduced Wendy to the Nephilim from the Mortal Instruments and Stefan and Damon from the Vampire Diaries. This book was a great book but I really wish someone would spin off from it! :)


Happy Reading!
-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment