Friday, March 1, 2013

The Lux Series






The Lux Series by Jennifer Armentrout

So, when I finish a series...I am always on the hunt for something else. My love for The Mortal Instruments/The Infernal Devices lead me to a google search..which lead me to some forum...which lead me to this series. A series by a woman from a town that I went to high school in!!!! :) Hooray for local writers! AND! The kicker for me...It's based all around towns that I live in now, have lived in, and was raised in.........Makes me wonder about my origins and who my neighbors really were after reading these.

Ok..so, now that my little fan girl/down home squealings are over...

 The Lux Series is about aliens (that are made up of light) that reside around Seneca Rocks, WVa and a normal girl named Katy. She moves in next door to two of  them and her whole life changes. She goes from vlogging her favorite books ( ^_^ ) to...well...ALIENS. She befriends her neighbor Dee Black, who also has a hot, very grumpy, twin...Daemon.

(This series also started a Damon complex for me...From Obsidian, to the Immortals- I'll blog them later...to the Vampire Dairies TV show...Ugh..Too many Daemons and none of them real -sigh-)

Daemon is a real jack ass to Katy and constantly makes comments about "her kind" and how she needs to stay away from him and Dee. Well...She doesn't and it's not long before Katy ends up risking her life and Daemon saves her using his freaky alien powers...and then the cat is out of the bag. She finds out about the Luxen, their powers, the evil that feeds on the Luxen race, the government program -the Department Of Defense- sought out on keeping them in check and you know..all the typical baggage an alien race would have. You find out that all Luxen are "born" in threes..There is ALWAYS triplets of them. So, you discover the story about Daemon and Dee's lost brother, Dawson and his girlfriend Bethany. Which then turns into an adventure into saving them, which happens rather unexpectedly (I'm not gonna ruin this one...READ IT!) and then you end with Katy being trapped in the DODs clutches... AND I AM ANXIOUSLY AWAITING A NEW BOOK!

I fell in love with this series, not just because of the hometown nostalgia, but because this book KEEPS you involved. You get so into the rescue missions, the training...just everything! The emotions between Katy and Daemon are unreal and you find yourself yearning for it! I read so many reviews that bashed this series for being a twilight copy cat but... although there are similarities, it is far from Twilight. This book is well worth the late nights you are going to be pulling reading it! :)








ANDDDDDD I did it again...I started reading and also blogging about this when...SHADOWS was the first book in the series. Shadows is based off of Daemon's triplet Dawson and his life. It was weird reading that book after reading the other 3 and thinking...He's not insane and kidnapped... READ SHADOWS FIRST! DON'T BE A Z READER! :\ Only series I have ever read backwards...lol.



Happy Reading!
-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment