Saturday, March 2, 2013

Odd Thomas






The Odd Thomas Series by Dean Koontz

I have to admit that this series was by far my favorite series...until Harry Dresden. I loved following "Oddy" on his adventures. Odd Thomas can see ghosts. He helps them. He also has a best friend ghost, as I liked to call him, of Elvis Presley. Basically this whole series is built on him trying to help the dead with their unresolved missions so that they can pass on to the other side.

I absolutely fell in love with the character of Thomas. Following him from his normal life to even his monk life...Yes, he went to a monastery and stayed for a while... I love his interaction with ghosts and how hell bent he was on helping them...going through whatever it took.

However, I was sooo disappointed with Odd Apocalypse when it came out. I waited YEARS for that book to come out and it is the only book, other than The Taken by Dean Koontz, that I wasn't able to finish. Maybe it was because I waited for so long for it to come out that I forgot a lot of details and just couldn't get back into it. All I know is that I pre-ordered it...Waited SO anxiously for it to be delivered to my kindle...and now I am stuck on chapter 6...and I just can't seem to move from it. It is a series that I will almost have to re-visit and come back to Odd Apocalypse..But for now.. If you read this series, you'll be fascinated right up until the end...and then it's probably going to lose you, as it did for me.


Happy Reading!
-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment