Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Why I'm Here...

So I am starting this blog basically to express my opinions on the books that I read. I am an avid reader, Kindle always in hand, and I don't have any one to talk to about them! The extent of most of my friends is the Fifty Shades series. Ugh.

I am not writing this blog to critique (ok, well kind of) books or rate them. I don't care about the mechanics of the writing style...I just care if it interests me. I just want to voice myself about them and actually have others around that share the same passion.

Little background information on me. I'm in my twenties, in school to teach Special Education and work full time as a manager at a large chain retail store (bet ya can't guess which one! /sarcasm) I love spending time  (that isn't consumed with work and school) with my two dogs (Harley and Bandit) and my wonderful boyfriend...and trolling on Reddit.com. We have a house full of fish tanks and we LOVE just sitting around watching them. I love getting new fish for our tanks. They are just as much a part of our little family than anything. I  love having (another) hobby that I can share with my boyfriend!

 When I am not doing all that...My Kindle is in hand (I love the feel of books but, my Kindle fits perfectly in my purse with my 300+ books and...well...I love it!) and I am off in my own little world! I have always loved reading and have really picked up the habit more since I am older. It's nice to just get lost in another world and have that movie projector going in my head. 

I read just about anything...biographies to fantasy. My favorite theme would have to be anything dealing around magic or myths and legends. I read to get lost in another world, not live in the same old boring one I live in every day! :) 
My favorite series..The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher....which just reminded me that the newest book was released TODAY! :) 


So, feel free to let me know if you've read a good book I should check out! I am always up for new material! 

-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment